For those of you who are just tuning in and for those who have not been paying attention here's what we are up against. I have a list of events and projects that would choke a water-buffalo. My mission is to get each item checked off the list in a timely manner, done to the best of my ability at the moment, and to enjoy the process. Some (but not all) of the items on this list include:
- a large commission piece featuring three wine bottles from a client in Missouri. Ready to start on this TODAY. (as soon as I finish this blog entry)
- Wedding for Dacia(my daughter) and Shaun (in June) This week's focus...send out save the date cards. This means finding addresses for the 100 people that I have not got addresses for. I just finished printing them and they are top-notch!
- Planning and hosting a shower for my little niece who is expecting her much anticipated first baby. : )
- My first solo art show will be February 18...did I mention that I will have to have 20 NEW paintings by then.
- Grandtwin's first birthday party is at our house on Feb. 6. I simply cannot believe that these little beauties are already going to be 1!!!!!!!!
- Engagement party for Dacia and Shaun is January 23, so in addition to the above I also have to lose 30 pounds by Jan 23.
- As an enhancement to the wedding weight loss we decided to sign up for the Rock-n-roll marathon in New Orleans in Feb. We had so much fun doing the 1/2 marathon(walking it, of course) for my 50th a couple of years ago, that we are doing it again. This means training for it....which we should have been doing for the last 2 months at least, but you know, the holidays and all. Plus it's been COLD!
I am sure there are more things that rightly should go on this list...but right now I am glad that I can't think of them. This is enough!
It's good to get this down in writing though. Not only does it motivate me to get going, but also if anyone doubts that I don't have time to do something that I tell them I don't have time for, I will refer them to my blog post from 1-11-10.